Congregation of Holy Family
Adat Our Lady of Perpetual Help Convent took its origin from 22 April 1970. Mar George Alappatt inaugurated and blessed the Institution. The sisters of the convent work as missionaries supporting families under them by doing routine house visits in the parish and taking care of the sick and needy. There is an Old age home by the name of Mariam Thresia Sadan in connection to the convent.
23 August 1936, the Ambakkad convent was inaugurated and blessed by the Mar Francis Vazhappilly. He named the convent as St. Joseph’s Convent. The all-round development of the convent is made possible by the constant efforts taken by the sister’s in providing the light of education both spiritual and academic house visits and by lending a helping hand to the needy. The St. Mary’s HFC UP School works in close proximity to the convent.
Mar. Joseph Kundukulam, the Arch bishop of Thrissur inaugurated and blessed the convent on 26 April 1981. For the past 37 years, our sisters have been giving services in Anchery Church. Sisters are involved in house visiting, teaching catechism, visiting the sick and afflicted. By preparing the children for sacraments, Mariam Thresia Nilayam Orphanage works as a part of it.
Aranattukara Infant Jesus Convent and school inaugurated and blessed on May 26, 1947. Houses in Parish are receiving the services from the sisters in different ways which strengthen the family relationships, and giving the youth a value based education
Aranattukara Pavanatma convent inaugurated and blessed by Mar. Joseph Kundukulam on 26 December 1983. For the past 71 years, the sisters have based their work closely to blessed Sr.Mariam Thresia’s helping mentality by doing missionary work for families through educating them spiritually and hence leading them towards societal development.
1 May 1961 Rev. Mar George Alappatt inaugurated the Ayyanthole Nirmala Convent. The school that works under the guidance of the convent provide the light of education and wisdom to the financially backward students.
Bhuvaneswer Holy Family Convent inaugurated and blessed by Mar Raphael Cheenath on 1998 may 28th. Our foundress Bl. Mariam Thresia saw the suffering Christ in broken individuals and families. In Bhuvaneswer convent sisters serve the Diocese’s school. They also help in the Parish and Family Apostolate.
Bhadrak parish in Baleswar Diocese started one residence house in 2010 June 13th. Our sisters are working in the school which conducted by the Baleswar diocese since 7 years ago. Our sister’s service is giving importance to family apostolate and basic.
Mar.JosephKundukulam blessed and inaugurated the Chelakkara Amala Bhavan convent on 29 September 1984. The all-round development of the convent is made possible by the constant efforts taken by the sisters in their teachings, educational ways, house visits and helping hand to the nee
In 15 July 1973 Convent was blessed by Rev.Fr. Jose chazhoor. They gave more attention to the enforcement of the girls in education and their mental development. They also have a parallel college nearby Lissieux convent in 1991.
30 May 1930 Mar. Francis Vazhapilly blessed the convent in the name of Little Flower. They light the candle in that village through their spiritual and religious ways. In that same year they started Little Flower School near them.
In 31 March, 1980 Mar. Joseph Kundukulam inaugurated and blessed the convent. They always try to walk in the footsteps of Christ. As a family councillor they perform a huge part in solving family issues. They are like angel of education to the children both academical and spiritual.
The Chevoor Parish convent was started on 9 March 1980. The main platforms which they work upon are missionary work, house visits, helping out people around the Parish and teaching at the nursery school. They are actively participating and leading the parish ministries.
What began as an insertion community in January 2006, theElanad convent was on 24th February 2008 upgraded to the Holy Family convent. Later a new convent building was constructed and blessed on 8 June 2009. The convent dealt with missionary work, house visits, helping out the needed in the parish, and imparting knowledge at the nursery.
The Enamakkal convent opened on 19 March 1980. The sisters take part in various activities to support and uplift the Parish. They profess and explain to the young ones in the nursery school about the love of God.
On 29 January 1980, Thrissur Archbishop Mar Joseph Kundukulam blessed convent. It is one of the direct family apostolate convents of province. Sisters are working in the nursing hostel of jubilee mission hospital as hostel warden.
Kalloor Holy Family convent begins from 8 February 1991 with the great blessing and loves of dear Thrissur Archbishop Mar. Joseph Kundukulam. They took Saint Mariam Thresia as a role model in their way to the missions they take. Education and helping in parish services are other missions. As a part of a Kalloor Holy Family convent there is an Un- aided L.P.School is functioning.
In 13 August 1947 Mar Francis Vazhapilly inaugurated and blessed the Mukkattukara Bethleham Convent. Sisters gave more attention to the enforcement of the girls in education and their mental development. It leads to the development of Mukkattukara. L P, UP, High School, Higher secondary Schools are works in close proximity to the convent.
Little Flower convent established near by the Navajyothy Provincial house on 1976 which working in the field of family apostolate and also the educational activities. Some sisters are staying there and working in the Little Flower School which is near by the convent and also conducting a hostel for girls and B Ed College for women.
It is established in 1990 nearby Navajyothy Provincial house. The main aim was to take care of our own aged sisters. It is also formation house for the aspirants those who are dedicated their life for the sake of Jesus and all the families. They are also getting inspirational experiences from the house especially from the experienced sisters.
It was in 18 th March 1979 that Mar Joseph Kundukulam Blessed the house of Navajyothi Provincialate Olarikkara. It is the basic centre of Navajyothi Province. There is 36 convents in and out side Kerala. Under this Province there are 3 Higher Secondary Schools, 5 High schools, 4 U.P. Schools,4 L.P.Schools , And one Unaided Higher Secondary School,B.Ed College, one CBSE School,and two parlell colleges, 4 English Mediam LP,UP Schools ,6 nursery schools and one special school; and in Bombay there is one High school and Junior college.Sr.provincial is the head of this basic centre.The provincial house provides the economic,spiritual aid and energy and direction to all these subhouses.
The holy Family convent blessed by Mar Jacob thoomkuzhy on 1998 October 29th. It is happened by the interest of the parishioners, so that they offer their support for each and every activities which lead by sisters. Our sisters conducting several programmes for the welfare of the families.
The parannur convent opened on 8th December 1998. The sisters take part in various activities to support and uplift the Parish. They profess and explain to the young ones in the nursery school about the love of God. The main platforms which they work upon are missionary work, house visits, helping out people around the Parish and teaching at the nursery school.
Peechi Mercy Convent inaugurated and blessed on 1973. Houses in Parish are receiving the services from the sisters in different ways which strengthen the family relationships, and giving the youth a value based education. The school that works under the guidance of the convent provide the light of education and wisdom to the financially backward students.
Poomala Fatima Convent established on 1961. The all-round development of the convent is made possible by the constant efforts taken by the sister’s in providing the light of education both spiritual and academic house visits and by lending a helping hand to the needy. The Little Flower UP School works in close proximity to the convent.
In the name of our Lady of Lourde’s on 2nd June 1958 instituted a formation house . It named as novitiate house , where the formation of the candidates is taking place.
On 1980 Thalore Navajyothi Bhavan was established . there is a parellell college for the formation and education of the young girls as per the intention of Blessed Mariam Thresia
Immaculate heart of Mary Convent was founded at Vadookkara village in 1969. The IFDF (Integrated Family Development Forum ) ,Mariam Thresia Homeo Clinic, Mentaly Rehabilitation Centre(Sneharam),Crush, Tailoring centre,all these proceding under this house.
In the year 2000 Holy Family Convent was established at Vallachira in thrissur District. The main charism of our sisters is family Apostolate and parish work. Besides this there is a special school for the intension of mentally retardaed and disabled in various kinds.
1955 St.Pius xth convent established at Wadakkanchery.Family Apostolate and charism of education are the main apostolate of this convent.